How to use the CAN utilities with Qt4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the CAN utilities with Qt4

AlexanderKelle1
Contributor II

I have a couple of questions about how to integrate the CAN utilities in Qt4. 

First, what are the configuration settings for the automotive board using a 500 kHz baud rate? 

Second, where are the header files that contain the CAN utilities prototypes so that I can call on the CAN functions in Qt? I know where the source source code for the CAN utilizes are and I found the script file that executes the command. However, there are no prototypes for the canecho, cansend, or canconfig functions. I can only call on these functions is through the terminal. Is there anyway that I can call on these functions through Qt? 

-Alexander Keller 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Frias
Contributor V

on the Virtual disk provided in the training, if you open the qt-wspace on the Desktop, the demo project is in the: /home/lucid/Desktop/qt-wspace/UI_Save_1_10_12_Discrete_Sigs/UI_v2/

0 Kudos

AlexanderKelle1
Contributor II

I am a little confused on what Qt demo you are talking about. The Qt demo on the PowerPoint slides does not use CAN messages or call on the class QProcess. Was there another Qt example that you gave us? If there is can you post it on the forum?

I looked at the powerpoint slide about configuring the CAN bus. I was wondering if the term BITTIME is the same has the baud rate?

Renato Frias said:

Hi Alexander,

On the Qt demo, it is just doing calling the CAN utilities, look for the "QProcess::execute" on some of the classes. This was only a quick and dirty way to implement it. You can study the utilities and integrate the code on your application.

As for the baud rate there is a slide on the ppt that talks about that, I'll ask Rebeca to comment on it.

Renato  

0 Kudos

Frias
Contributor V

Hi Alexander,

On the Qt demo, it is just doing calling the CAN utilities, look for the "QProcess::execute" on some of the classes. This was only a quick and dirty way to implement it. You can study the utilities and integrate the code on your application.

As for the baud rate there is a slide on the ppt that talks about that, I'll ask Rebeca to comment on it.

Renato  

0 Kudos