cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use raw camera on i.MX 8QXP

carolyn_zhang
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using ON sensor AR0231 on i.MX 8QXP. The pixel type of sensor output is RAW12. 

The command I used now is: gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1' ! queue ! waylandsink

Then I received a green screen. It looks like the driver of i.MX8QXP didn't support RAW data. And I feel confused now is whether the ISI of i.MX 8QXP support RAW data or not.

I also have download the softISP, but I don't know how to used it.

Could some one give me some advises? Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I suggest that you can refer to the chapter 15.6.1 Image Sensing Interface (ISI):

• Stream Manipulation Features
• Supported Pixel Formats when storing image into memory
• RAW8, RAW10, RAW12, RAW16
• RGB888, BGR888, RGB565, RGB 10-bit, BGR 10-bit
• YUV444, YUV422, YUV420 (8-bit, 10-bit, 12-bit)
• Plus more formats listed in the description of FORMAT field in the
channel's IMG_CTRL register

0 Kudos

carolyn_zhang
Contributor II

I have read the document so many times, please say something in detail,what I need is a practical advice, thanks.

0 Kudos

manizillion
Contributor IV

Hi Carolyn,

Can you help with the document name ? i am trying to integrate my camer feed to imx8mqevk with isp.

Regards

Mani

0 Kudos

xu_ji1
Contributor V

In driver you should use V4L2_PIX_FMT_Y12 for camera output,and V4L2 application also need support this format open device

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

document confirms that imx8qxp can support this, but we need to configure ISI to raw16 first,  Bit13~LSB(Bit 13~Bit 2):    0b00DD DDDD DDDD DD00,   right shift 2 bit to get RAW12: 0b0000 DDDD DDDD DDDD,

we don't have source code for this, you can know the mechanism of raw data conversion, why do you get green picture, you should right shift your data first

felix_ye
Contributor II

Dear  joanxie,

Thank you for your support !

It does help me on i.MX8QM receiving RAW12 data from OV9716.

Best Regards

Felix

0 Kudos