How to use properly DDR3 calibration method of MPR and pre-defined value.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use properly DDR3 calibration method of MPR and pre-defined value.

Jump to solution
takayuki_ishii
Contributor IV

Hello, 

I have one question about proper use of DDR calibration method, with MPR and with pre-defined value.

In Read Calibration and Read DQS Gating Calibration, it have 2 metho, with MPR and with pre-defined value.

In what case are you supposed to use each function?

with MPR : one time after board designed to generate pre-defined value.

with pre-designed value : In product, one time in DDR initialization on power up sequence.

Is it correct?

Best regards,

Ishii.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, your understanding is correct. The MPR method should be used once at the product bring-up stage to generate a pre-defined calibration value, that then should be used each time at power-on boot-up.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, your understanding is correct. The MPR method should be used once at the product bring-up stage to generate a pre-defined calibration value, that then should be used each time at power-on boot-up.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
takayuki_ishii
Contributor IV

Hello Artur

Thank you for your answer.

I will report it to my customer.

Best regards,

Ishii.

0 Kudos