cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use MFG_TOOL to burn NAND flash

stevenyu
Contributor III

Hi Support,

We are trying i.MX6ULL EVK, and want to make use of NAND flash as the storage for file system. 

We un-populate the QSPI NOR flash and populate a NAND flash.

Then, we use mfg_tool to burn firmware image into NAND flash, however, it stop when erasing boot partition as attach picture. The MfgTool.log is also in attachment, would you please advise how to make it work ? 

Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Yu

Original Attachment has been moved to: MfgTool.log.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi steven,

On default i.MX6ULL EVK board, it supports three boot device: SD Card boot in main board, micro-SD card boot in CPU board and QSPI-FLASH in CPU board. As we know, i.MX6ULL supports NAND device boot and there are NAND device footprint in the EVK board. If customer wants to use NAND boot, there is something to rework in both hardware and software.

About how to use nand on i.MX6ULL EVK you can refer to the following thread. It will do help for you.

How-To use NAND boot on i.MX6UL EVK board 

Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stevenyu
Contributor III

Thanks Rita.

One more question, please advise if you know it. 

If we use NAND flash as our storage, does u-boot/kernel/rootfs already take care of NAND flash bad block issue?

Because we have seen it use ubifs , and the google information tell me ubifs take care of bad block issue.

Regards,

Steven Yu

0 Kudos