How to use AES-128 hardware decryption (with CAAM) on iMX6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use AES-128 hardware decryption (with CAAM) on iMX6

maksimgunko
Contributor I

Hello! I`m trying to find any information about question: How to use AES-128 hardware decryption (with CAAM) on iMX6. I use Variscite board VAR-SOM-SOLO. I was made bootloader (using SDK) for this board and successfully made it encrypted with HAB technology. It`s load good, without any HAB events. The next my step is make encrypted application (using AES-128 cryptography) and bootloader need to load this application from NAND flash to DDR RAM, quickly decrypt this aplication and start it. I try using software AES-128 algorithm, but it to slow.

So I need any code example (using iMX6 registers) which will show how to decrypt my application with AES-128 hardware CAAM accelerator.

Help me please with this trouble.

Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

hope the following helps.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/433262 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

maksimgunko
Contributor I

Hello! Thanks, but this information is not useful for me, becouse I`m not using linux. My application is a project wich use SDK and some RTOS (not linux). I need an example that uses the CAAM registers to decrypt AES-128. Or documentation about CAAM registers to use AES accelerator module.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

We do not have bare metal CAAM examples.

For more details about CAAM using NDA is required.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos