cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade to L2.6.35_11.03_ER_source from L2.6.35_11.01_ER_source

ayc
Contributor I

Hi,

First question is can L2.6.35_11.03_ER_source be used on the iMX53 QS Board?  My 53 QS Board comes with L2.6.35_11.01, how do I upgrade it to L2.6.35_11.03?  Can someone provide a detail procedure for doing that?  Do I just run install inside L2.6.35_11.03_ER_source?  Do I need to remove the old linux-2.6.35.3 folder (and the u-boot folder) in the rpm/BUILD folder?

Thanks

Andy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

After the install script, change to new folder /home/user/i.Mx53_11_03/ltib  and do ./ltib (no parameters), select i.MX5x platform, the profile you want (minimun, gnome,..) and in the new screen configuration (the same you get doing ./ltib  -c)

In --- Chosee your board for uboot

select (mx53_loco)

and you will get the new image files.

You can do ./ltib --selectype to force the first screen too.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

ayc
Contributor I

Hi Luis,

How do I make a new installation?  Do I just run the "install" script in the unpacked source folder?  Then after installation, I do "ltib -c"?

btw,  when I do "ltib -c", the second window asks for the "Platform" and the default is shown as "imx51" and the Toolchain options shows "(-o2 -march-armv7-a ...)".  If I change it to "imx53", then Toolchain options shows blank.  Should I use "imx51" on the i.MX53 QS Board then?

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Andy,

Just make a new instalation of 11_03 in different folder /home/user/i.Mx53_11_03/ltib, build new BSP and update in your board uboot, kernel and rootfs from the new built BSP.

You can have different versions of BSP in your host, even the same version in different folders for different profiles, for example.

Best Regards

0 Kudos