Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to toggle GPIO in user space in iMx8 M mini

Jump to solution
anushan
Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to toggle gpio's from user space, to find the gpio number a I am using the formula ==>(bank number * 64) + Pin number, I am exporting the gpio and trying to toggle it but when I probe the gpio its voltage remains the same.

Am I using the correct formula for iMx8 M mini custom board ?

Also, the gpio numbers in /sys/class/gpio/ are named gpiochip32, gpiochip64 etc and not gpio32 or gpio64 . Why is it like that? With what name should I export the gpio?

Regards,

Anusha

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anusha

one can look at variscite resources:

DART-MX8M GPIO - Variscite Wiki 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anusha

one can look at variscite resources:

DART-MX8M GPIO - Variscite Wiki 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

anushan
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the link.

Regards,

Anusha

0 Kudos