How to terminate unused ONOFF and PMIC_ON_REQ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to terminate unused ONOFF and PMIC_ON_REQ?

Jump to solution
adevries
Contributor V

Hello,

My design will be powering the 8M Mini using an external PMIC, so I don't need to use the ONOFF signal or PMIC_ON_REQ signal provided on the 8M Mini. How should these signals be terminated when they are unused?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi adevries

PMIC_ON_REQ may be left unconnected, ONOFF requires pullup

as described in Table 8. Reset and ON/OFF recommendations

i.MX 8M Mini Hardware Developer’s Guide

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi adevries

PMIC_ON_REQ may be left unconnected, ONOFF requires pullup

as described in Table 8. Reset and ON/OFF recommendations

i.MX 8M Mini Hardware Developer’s Guide

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
adevries
Contributor V

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the response. I will do that. However, I think Figure 6-31 in the reference manual is a bit misleading. I interpreted it as ONOFF having an internal pull-up, but it would appear that is not the case.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

0 Kudos