Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell iXM283 and iMX287

Jump to solution
x10
Contributor V

Hi, all

Are there any im28 register which can tell the it's sub type, for example imx283, or imx287, etc. Thanks

BR

Cheng Shi

www.emtronix.com

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PeterChan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

i.MX287 has a SPDIF but i.MX283 does not have it. So, if you run the reset SPDIF code to both devices, i.MX287 should be successfully reset but i.MX283 cannot. This can tell whether the chip is i.MX287 or i.MX283.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
x10
Contributor V

Hi

I have soldered imx283 on the board for imx287. To my surprise, flexcan ports, the 2nd ethernet port (enet2) are all work, which means imx283 may be exactly the same with imx287 except different mark on the chip. Please freescale team give an explanation about those chips. Thanks

BR

Cheng Shi

0 Kudos
4guin4g4
Contributor IV

There is not a direct way of knowing that. However there's the HW_DIGCTL_CHIPID register which includes a product code and a chipID revision, where by doing a match of the info provided could help you specify what processor is it.

0 Kudos
x10
Contributor V

Thanks for your reply. The chip id from HW_DIGCTL_CHIPID from both chip are exaclty same. I try to check some register of pheripherals which should be NOT contained in iMX283, but those registers work well! I just wonder both imx283 and imx287 share the same core die, different only on pins layout to package.

0 Kudos
MarekVasut
Senior Contributor I

Yes, the ARM core is the same, it's just a matter of peripherals.

0 Kudos
x10
Contributor V

All the registers of peripherals that I check are the same, even those peripherals that no pin connect to the chip. That's why I guess they are same die with different pin layout.

0 Kudos
PeterChan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

i.MX287 has a SPDIF but i.MX283 does not have it. So, if you run the reset SPDIF code to both devices, i.MX287 should be successfully reset but i.MX283 cannot. This can tell whether the chip is i.MX287 or i.MX283.

0 Kudos
x10
Contributor V

Hi, Peter

Sorry I haven't ungated the clock of SPDIF in the test before. After ungating clock, the reset of SPDIF is well done in both imx283 and imx287, which means they can not be identified with this way. The way I used to identify the chips is to use a pin which is not populated in imx283, and check pin state with pull-up condition. The pin state is always low in case of imx283, and high in imx287

BR

Cheng Shi

0 Kudos
x10
Contributor V

Thank you PeterChan. I have checked on Linux-3.9.7 with mxs_reset_block(..).

BR

Cheng Shi

0 Kudos
x10
Contributor V

Thanks for your reply, I'll check it.:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos