cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to support eMMC 5.1 on i.MX536

canfengwen
Contributor II

Dear all,

It is a troubled case, we have to adding the eMMC 5.1 compatibility on i.MX536 with Android 2.3.7 BSP, kernel version-2.6.35.  The candidate eMMC information as below. Please help comment on it if any suggestion, thanks in advance.

pastedImage_1.png

The datasheet  also attached here.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You need to do some modify in the BSP,

And for the EMMC 5.0 and EMMC5.1, modify the kernel to support eMMC 5.0 and 5.1 extended CSD revisions, as shown below:

/drivers/mmc/core/mmc.c :

if (card->ext_csd.rev > 6) {              // The '6' has to be replaced with '7' For EMMC5.0

//  The '6' has to be replaced with '8'  For EMMC5.1

pr_err("%s: unrecognised EXT_CSD revision %d\n",

mmc_hostname(card->host), card->ext_csd.rev);

err = -EINVAL;

goto out;

}

Details you can refer to EMMC 5.0 and EMMC 5.1 work on i.MX6 .

Hope this can do help for you
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

canfengwen
Contributor II

Rita,

Thanks for the comments, i also got this information from our dedicate FAE contact, and i have also implemented it in our i.MX6 series products. But i'm afraid the above modification may not works for this case due to the difference BSP base. Could you help check if there is any further information to this case,thanks again. 

0 Kudos