Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start up in Dumb PMIC mode

Jump to solution
goto11
Contributor III

hello,Community

The Dumb PMIC mode is assumed, and I am planning to connect the PMIC_ON_REQ terminal on the i.MX 7Dual side and the terminal that powers on / off in the level state on the PMIC side.
After applying a voltage to the VDD_SNVS_IN pin, will it start in Smart PMIC mode during Power on sequence (because it was described as “0” at RESET)?
The level signal is expected as the PMIC_ON_REQ signal.
However, does it have to be able to start with a pulse to start up in Smart PMIC mode?
Or, if you have a way or procedure to start with a level instead of a pulse, please let me know.

best regards

Goto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>is Dumb PMIC enabled even if DP_EN in SNVS_LP Control Register is not set to "1"?

yes, DP_EN has not effect.

for TOP bit usage one can check patch on https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-339779 

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
goto11
Contributor III

hello,

If the answer below is correct,

is Dumb PMIC enabled even if DP_EN in SNVS_LP Control Register is not set to "1"?
Is the TOP value valid even if DP_EN is not set to "1"?

Answer excerpt
i.MX7D supports only dumb mode, also there are no options to reconfigure behavior of PMIC_ON_REQ signal.

best regards

Goto

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>is Dumb PMIC enabled even if DP_EN in SNVS_LP Control Register is not set to "1"?

yes, DP_EN has not effect.

for TOP bit usage one can check patch on https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-339779 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Goto

i.MX7D supports only dumb mode, also there are no options

to reconfigure behaviour of PMIC_ON_REQ signal. For connections

PMIC_ON_REQ signal recommended to follow i.MX7D Sabre SD design

Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files for i.MX 7Dual

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos