cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup WIFI Access point in Linux BSP 2.6.35 for imx 28 evk

ganeshh
Contributor III

Hello,

Am using imx28 evk along with Linux BSP 2.6.35...I connected a SDIO wifi module to the evk board. How to configure the module as an access point. In several tutorials i saw hostapd package is a requirement but that package is missing in BSP package list.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For some reason the pictures do not appear.

I attached a document with the steps.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Required Items

iMX28 EVK

Atheros AR1003 SD Card based EVAL board

LTIB installed on Linux Machine.  (Follow next link for instructions on LTIB if necessary)

Building Kernel Image and File System

Go into LTIB directory you have the 10_05 release installed to, and type:

Make sure you select "Configure The Kernel"

Ensure that Atheros WIFI Radio Firmware is populated into root file system

Go into "Package List" and select "Atheros-wifi"   This will populate the root file system with the firmware for the radio chipset  (Driver we will build will use this firmware)

Modify the default bootline to configure second SD Card slot

Under the boot stream selection, edit the first line, and make it look like below.  We are adding ssp1, to enable the second SD Slot (WIFI module will plug into second SD Card slot)

Exit out of the first screen to get to the kernel config screen.

Build Atheros AR6003 kernel loadable module driver:

Select "Device Drivers", "Network Device Support", "Wireless Lan", "Wireless Lan (IEEE 802.11)", "Atheros AR600X support (non MAC80211)"

Your config should look like this.

Exit back out until LTIB says "Do you wish to save your Kernel Config"

Select "Yes" and it will begin building.

I hope that helps,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Ganesh,

We only have some steps that the people of Atheros have share wtih us regarding his Wifi Modules,

alejandrolozano, can you please share the steps that you have about the Atheros Wifi AR6003 ?

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos