How to set environment variables on target through LTIB rpm spec file?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set environment variables on target through LTIB rpm spec file?

rhana
Contributor III

Hello,

I have a package that contains libraries and an application compiled for ARM I.MX6, and that I would like to deploy using LTIB. For a normal installation of the package a script typically is run on the target platform that configures the environment variable; first the package would be extracted on the target system, next a shell script would be run to set up the environment variables on that target system. The script essentially consists of paths and the "export" command.

What I would like to do is set the environment  variables on the target platform but through LTIB with a spec file on the host platform and the package.

In other words; I would be using LTIB on the host system, but I would be configuring environment variables for a target platform.

How do I go about doing this?

Labels (2)
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I can suggest to add these commands into /root/.bashrc file or into .bashrc file for specific system user you plan to use on target system.

rhana
Contributor III

Hello thanks for the reply. It seems that ".bashrc" is not in rootfs (Yes, I know it is a hidden file.)

Would you suggest simply making the file up and adding it to rootfs? It looks I would be able to do this with a spec file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos