How to set boot count for iMX.6 Dual and Dual lite?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set boot count for iMX.6 Dual and Dual lite?

pratik_rajyagur
Contributor I

Hello All NXP Users,

I want to set boot count to 5 for iMX.6. I am using both Dual and Dual lite modules.

U-boot source code reference: Freescale's U-Boot 2014.04.

As I checked, CONFIG_BOOTCOUNT_LIMIT MACRO can be used to configure attempt counter, in case of failures at boot time. Then alternative booting command can be configured, if counter is exceeded.

I have enabled CONFIG_BOOTCOUNT_LIMIT MACRO in u-boot file include/configs/mx6_common.h.

I received error as mentioned below.

common/built-in.o: In function `process_boot_delay':
<path>/uboot/build_uboot/common/main.c:340: undefined reference to `bootcount_load'
<path>/uboot/build_uboot/common/main.c:342: undefined reference to `bootcount_store'

Can someone please guide me through expected procedure to configure / build u-boot with boot count?

Thanks in advance,

Pratik

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pratik

as this is general uboot question it may be suggested to post it on uboot mail list:

U-Boot Info Page 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pratik_rajyagur
Contributor I

Hi mariyapradeep

Did you get resolution to query you had posted in following thread?

bootcount support on imx6 

We are probably having similar issue, but NOT using YOCTO build system. We are compiling u-boot separately.

Your resolution / reference to specific link to meta-freescale may help (as igorpadykov‌ had suggested you to post there).

Kindly provide your inputs. Any insight may be highly useful.

Regards,

Pratik

0 Kudos