cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a gpio-reset pin?

damienhuang
Contributor IV

Hi

I would like to set up a gpio-reset pin for my imx6q-sabrelite board to reset peripheral device and MX6QDL_PAD_CSI0_PIXCLK__GPIO05_IO18 was selected for this.

so in section imx6q-sabrelite {} within file imx6qdl-sabrelite.dtsi, I defined

peripheral_reset: peripheral_reset {

compatible = "gpio-reset";

reset-gpios = <&gpio5 18 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;

reset-delay-us = <20>;

initially-in-reset;

#reset-cells = <0>

};

without defining the actual device of using this reset pin, I compiled the dtsi file and install it into the machine. It caused the machine hang and reboot again and again (due to watchdog). Could someone tell me what is wrong?

Cheers,

Damien

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Damien

dts file gives pad descriptions, but can not able to set

gpio value, it can be done in uboot.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

damienhuang
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

Thanks for taking the time to help. Would you able to give a bit more information on this?

with my situation, I just added the block to dts, I was not even start to assign value or doing anything with it - it is just a description as you said, but this description/block had already caused machine to hang. Why?

Cheers,

Damien

0 Kudos