How to remove PMIC driver from freescale BSP in Yocto Project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove PMIC driver from freescale BSP in Yocto Project

arunkumar1
Contributor I

Hi, i have build the freescale BSP using the Yocto project and running the image on iMX6SL EVK. What i want to do next is remove the PMIC driver. I have created a different EVK board with differ PMIC than what is being used on the Freescale EVK. Any pointers on how i can remove the PMIC driver functionality from the BSP and build the image so it can run on the board that i have made with different PMIC. On my board all the voltage rails will come up as default so no interaction is needed from the SOC.

Regards,

Arun

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi arun

one can look at Linux Manuals to see

how PMIC drivers are organized.

i.MX_6_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf

L3.10.17_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS

i.MX_6SoloLite_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf

L3.0.35_4.1.0_LINUX_DOCS

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Arun

I think you can look into the board level dts arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sl-evk.dts, you can remove the pmic: pfuze100@08 under i2c node, then there will be no pfuze100 driver loaded in kernel.

Further more, if you want to add your own PMIC driver, this board level dts is the place for you to add.

0 Kudos