How to reduce the backup battery power consumption

跳至解决方案
1,482 次查看
mylzc
Contributor I

Hi,

Platform: iMX51

PMIC: MC13892

Recently the power consumption when powered by backup battery is too high, the current is about 1mA. Even I disable the VSRTC power supply, the current is still about 100uA. But the current I measure in iMX51 demo board is about 20uA. So I need to ask what internal modules in MC13892 are still powered by backup battery when the main power is dropped? As I know the MC13892 RTC, the core circuit and the backup memory are powered, any other modules? If no more modules how can I reduce the power consumption of these modules. Thank you.

标签 (1)
标记 (4)
0 项奖励
1 解答
1,136 次查看
xiaoqianlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It needs to do test to confirm this issue. We have verified that our EVK board has no such issue, so customer should do comparison based on our hardware design. I have no other comment on this issue.

Regards, Linda

Linda Lin

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
8 回复数
1,136 次查看
xiaoqianlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In RTC mode, MC13892's power consumption is around uA, as it is just 32K works.  Is your hardware design different with our reference design? Please compare the HW design and software.

Linda Lin
1,136 次查看
mylzc
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply, I disabled the 32K output already, also disabled the SRTC power supply (by resetting DRM bit). Now I even disable MC13892 RTC by setting RTCDIS bit, the current is still high.

Can you help me to check which regulators or other modules can consume the power from backup battery?

My board is designed following the ref board. I am trying to compare the differences, can you give me some specific tips? Thanks again.

0 项奖励
1,136 次查看
xiaoqianlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is there current leakage?

Regards, Linda

Linda Lin
0 项奖励
1,136 次查看
mylzc
Contributor I

I also doubt this, but it is hard to measure which part got leakage. So I want to confirm I've disable all the modules powered by backup battery first.

0 项奖励
1,136 次查看
xiaoqianlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should make sure there is no power leakage on your board firstly.

Regards, Linda

Linda Lin
0 项奖励
1,136 次查看
mylzc
Contributor I

I've confirmed no power leakage in my board theoretically by analyzing the HW design. The second step I need to confirm all the modules are disabled. If still get high current it must be some physical reasons.

0 项奖励
1,137 次查看
xiaoqianlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It needs to do test to confirm this issue. We have verified that our EVK board has no such issue, so customer should do comparison based on our hardware design. I have no other comment on this issue.

Regards, Linda

Linda Lin
0 项奖励
1,136 次查看
mylzc
Contributor I

Thanks.

0 项奖励