How to read/write contents in the ov5640 controlling registers?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read/write contents in the ov5640 controlling registers?

sergeylarionov
Contributor I

I want to control a video camera operation mode. For example - to change exposure. How to execute write in the register 0x3503 from the application program?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

sergeylarionov
Contributor I
Hi Igor!
please check below link and attached
I unpacked sdk_mipi.zip archive and tried to build the program. However, in the program include-files are used:
#include "iomux_config.h"
#include "ipu/ipu_common.h"
#include "mipi/mipi_common.h"
#include "registers/regsipu.h"
#include "registers/regsmipicsi.h"
#include "registers/regsmipidsi.h"
#include "sdk.h"
From where can I download these files?
Linux Manual Chapter 19 OmniVision Camera Driver
In this chapter was written: "Applications cannot use the camera driver directly. Instead, the applications use the V4L2 capture driver". 
But v4l2 driver doesn't know about ov5640 register. In description for "v4l2" is used term "control". Unfortunately, v4l2 driver implemented on i.MX6 and doesn't allow access for "control":
# v4l2-ctl -l
#
Whether there is an access method to the registers ov5640 from the application program?
0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergey

please check below link and attached Linux Manual Chapter 19 OmniVision Camera Driver

https://community.nxp.com/message/627106?commentID=627106#comment-627106 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------