How to put bootanimation.zip into the sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put bootanimation.zip into the sources

nxp31
Contributor II

I have learned how to put bootanimation.zip into /system/media/ on the installed system or e.g. into out/target/product/evk_8mm/system/media/ in the android_build directory.

But how can I put it into the android sources, so it is placed into .../system/media during the build process?

Is there e.g. some binaries directory from where bootanimation.zip is copied to .../system/media

like described in the last paragraph of this instructions to the Digi Embedded for Android for the ConnectCore 6 ?

Change Android boot images 

Labels (1)
5 Replies

tpe
Contributor III

Hello,

I successfully included boot animation in the source code build. I put my bootanimation.zip in 'device/fsl/common'. After that, you need to copy that file for your board. I am developing on the mek_8q so I changed the mek_8q.mk file in 'device/fsl/imx8q/mek_8q/mek_8q.mk'

Add a similar line like this:

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \

device/fsl/common/bootanimation.zip:system/media/bootanimation.zip

Best regards,

tpe

0 Kudos

Sanjay_Pandey1
Contributor II

For i.MX8QM MEK Evaluation Board (Android 11) following copy statement to be added in the "android_build/device/nxp/imx8q/mek_8q/mek_8q.mk" file.

#Copy Boot Annimation
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
device/nxp/common/bootanimation.zip:$(TARGET_COPY_OUT_SYSTEM)/media/bootanimation.zip

Please note the source folder : device/nxp/common/bootanimation.zip and destination : $(TARGET_COPY_OUT_SYSTEM)/media/bootanimation.zip

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can try to refer to this https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330208 

0 Kudos

nxp31
Contributor II

Thank you.

I have seen this.

As said, I am able to install my own boot animation on the i.MX8 MM EVK.

The question is, how can I put the boot animation into the source code repository?

So that I can e.g. do a make clean and rebuild the system from the sources with my boot animation installed.

0 Kudos

tpe
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm having this same issue as well. Did you come up with a solution for this?

Thanks and best regards,

tpe

0 Kudos