cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to porting Linux to our iMX6 solo & dual light board

andreaszeiler
Contributor III

Hello,

I have some questions of how to port a linux with iMX6Q support to a custom board with iMX6 Solo and DualLight.

I'm new to this, so I would like to know some basic steps of how to provide support for these precessors.

I have some boards were Linux Kernel 3.0.35 is already running with the iMX6Q processor. So support should be already included.

I've looked around some files which are for the DualLight and Solo. For example iomux-mx6dl.h. Also in mxc.h (in plat-mxc/include/mach) these chips are defined.

So just to understand that all. I just need to fit our old boardfiles to these iMX6solo / dual light processors? Like selecting the right io signals from iomux-mx6dl.h.

I prooved the memory maps also by comparing with the reference manual. And the registers are defined too.

Can you please give me some advise of how to port our linux to mx6 dl /s ? Since these processors are highly compatible I think it should work.

Kind regards

Andi

4 Replies

JayTu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andi,

Why don't you get fsl bsp for mx6 DL/S directly? It should be easier to use our release bsp and modify necessary part according to the customer's board. You can also refer to the doc as attachment that lists the differences.

andreaszeiler
Contributor III

Hi,

thanks for reply.

We already have several boards in our package. So we don't want to open a new package for one board.

I think this is also not necessary to do that for these processors. The document shows that they have the same capabilities with iMX6Q.

But I will look at the BSP Package. Is it the L3.0.35_4.0.0_ER_SOURCE package in the download section??

0 Kudos

JayTu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

mx6 DL/S has different GPU with mx6 DQ for example. I don't think you can just "port" DQ to DL/S

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, either that one or L3.0.35_4.1.0_ER_SOURCE_BSP  (most up to date)

0 Kudos