How to porting FEC driver(rtl8306e) to imx8mq

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to porting FEC driver(rtl8306e) to imx8mq

Contributor I

HI all:

I was porting rtl8306e driver to imx8mq android, and I am new to this, is there some documents and samples about it , Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Contributor I

hi all,

I look into the fec_main.c code  and  some documents, I found the fec_main.c is about Motorola MPC8xx driver, I shoud write a new file for rtl8306e, Now I confused how to write  "_probe"  function , Is there some sample for it?

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Contributor I

HI igor:

Thanks for your reply, the document you provided is very useful for me , but I was too Embarrassed  to say that I was very new to freesclae platform and ethernet driver, I don't know how to start following three steps,and I download rtl8306e_asicdrv files in attchement rtl8306.rar.

• Pin configuration

• Source code

I modify code in fec_main.c, but I don,t know where rtk_switch_init should be add.  

• Ethernet connection configuration

So, is there some example exist that can be referenced ,  other related drivers are also available.

Thanks very much.

Chris

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris

please look at description of Linux drivers included in documentation packages on

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris

please refer to attached Porting Guide, first try to make

rtl8306e functional in uboot, then in linux with minimal configuration.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos