cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to output 32kHZ reference clock on iMX6UL

sajiddalvi
Contributor II

I see this :

imx6ul-pinfunc.h:#define MX6UL_PAD_ENET1_RX_EN__REF_CLK_32K                        0x00CC 0x0358 0x0000 0x2 0x0

Not quite sure how to setup the imx6ul-14x14-evk.dts, to set this up.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

sajiddalvi
Contributor II

Igor,

Looks like IMX6QDL_CLK_CKO is defined in clk-imx6q.c, but I don't see anything similar in clk-imx6ul.c.

I also tried following the code in clk-imx6q.c but could not understand how this would output 32k on a certain pin.

I also tried to explicitly set

IMX6UL_PAD_ENET1_RX_EN__REF_CLK_32K 0x1b0b0 in imx6ul-14x14-evk.dts, but was not able to see the clock output on the ENET1_RX_EN pin.

Note that I don't need ethernet to work for my application.

Sajid

0 Kudos

sajiddalvi
Contributor II

I got it to work by setting up as follows:

IMX6UL_PAD_ENET1_RX_EN__REF_CLK_32K 0x4001b031.

I picked up the hex number for the REF_CLK used in the ENET1 section of the device tree.

Not quite sure what the hex number means though : I though it would correspond to the pad control register, but doesn't seem like it maps correctly.

Sajid

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sajid

it can be outputted in the same way as IMX6QDL_CLK_CKO  signal

in  imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi  codec: wm8962@1a ..

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos