How to, on iMXRT1064 MCU, reset to boot/recovery mode from minicom or Linux terminal (via USB/UART)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to, on iMXRT1064 MCU, reset to boot/recovery mode from minicom or Linux terminal (via USB/UART)?

Jump to solution
ernest_yeung_terran
Contributor II

My colleague, in Windows, was able to connect to a iMXRT1064 MCU via UART and over a terminal at 1200 baud rate send a byte character ("0") to put the MCU into serial downloader boot mode.

When I do the same thing in Linux (i.e. sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB0 -b1200 -S 'send "0"' ) and then try to do a sdphost command, I receive the following error (essentially, I cannot get a ping response back from the MCU):

Preparing to send 82650 (0x142da) bytes to the target.
(1/1)0%getStatusResponse.readPacket error 5.
Status (HAB mode) = 10004 (0x2714) No response from device.

How do I reset the MCU to serial downloader boot mode in Linux? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The tool is MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) How do I reset the MCU to serial downloader boot mode in Linux?
-- Firstly, I'd like to suggest you check the hardware set and connection, then I'd highly recommend you to use the tool to build the connection with the board after entering the Serial download mode, it's easier than command manipulate.

Screenshot from 2022-06-20 16-18-27.png
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
ernest_yeung_terran
Contributor II

Hi @jeremyzhou just to be sure and crystal clear, can you send the link and the name of this tool in Linux that you mention? (cf. "use the tool to build the connection with the board")

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The tool is MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

ernest_yeung_terran
Contributor II

The tool solved my original problems/inquiries, thank you @jeremyzhou 

0 Kudos