cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure FPS of 3D Video on i.MX6 SABRE SD EVM runnning on Android

pratik0403
Contributor I

Hi,

We are testing fps capability of 3D Video on  i.MX6 SABRESD EVM with Android Jelly Bean. We have tried to play 3D 720p mp4 video but it was not playing smoothly. Many times it pauses in between.

Then We have tried to run few benchmark applications on the board to measure the performance of the i.MX6 and We got below results,

1. On GFXBench GL Benchmark : we got very poor performance and FPS achieved was about 3 - 8 fps

2. On Antutu the performance was worst with score only 12776 as well

I have attached screenshots of the result we got with GFXBench GL & Antutu and Board related information as well.

What is the right method to read FPS on this EVM running Android Jelly Bean?

Regards,

Pratik

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pratic

please refer to attached Android Release Notes, I am not sure that this was tested.

For Linux one can refer to Table 5. Video Codec Specification i.MX_6_Series_Ubuntu_Multimedia_Release_Notes.pdf

to check what was tested and what fps were obtained.

In general you can obtain some Android Jelly Bean perfomance data creating service request.

How to create service request :
https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-329745

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pratik0403
Contributor I

Thanks Igor,

Definitely service request will help me to find performance data on Jelly bean.

But I want to know how one can test 3D video FPS on IMX6 Android, as it is very important for me to test with

different videos of different resolution.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pratic

had you measured perfomance on linux, it will help to exclude hardware issues.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

pratik0403
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

No I haven't tested with linux, I have i.MX6 SABRE SD EVM with prebuilt android jelly bean images. So, I just want to find out maximum fps that I can achieve on i.MX6 using android OS. Current I me getting very low fps on the board, don't know why?

So, if there is any command or any application that helps me to find out maximum fps, then it would be great.

Regards,

Pratik

0 Kudos