How to know whether an OpenGL demo is accelerated by hardware or not ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know whether an OpenGL demo is accelerated by hardware or not ?

sparkzh
Contributor I

My board is based on imx6q and the bsp is built from yocto (kernel version 3.10.17).

When I run OpenGL demos from fsl-gpu-sdk/GLES20_X11, some of them (e.g. 07_EnvironmentMapping) will output the following message: [     1] libGAL: Performing a software resolve! 

In fact, when 07_EvnironmentMapping is running, the cpu usage is about 2%, and that of Xorg is lower than 3%.

Does this message mean that the demo is rendered by software ? Could anyone tell me how to judge whether an OpenGL application is accelerated by GPU ?

Thanks very much in advance.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I tried the demos and I do not get that output message. Did you recompile the examples? or how did you install them in your rootfs?

Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

sparkzh
Contributor I

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for you reply.

I ran the examples in a terminal, 07_EnvironmentMapping and  08_EnvironmentMappingRefraction output the message to the terminal.

# cd /opt/fsl-gpu-sdk/GLES20_X11

# ./07_EnvironmentMapping

Did you try the examples in a terminal ?

Following the steps of Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide(uboot and kernel are modified according to our board), we built the image. After the image is built, the fsl-gpu-sdk examples are in /opt. We made no modifications to these examples.

Best Regards,

Spark

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes, I used the examples found in that folder and using the terminal. But now I see, I have been using the latest release.

Have you checked that the /dev/galcore node exists?

/Alejandro

0 Kudos

sparkzh
Contributor I

Hi Alejandro,

Yes, I have. /dev/galcore node exists.

Thanks very much,

Spark

0 Kudos