cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement the V4l2 camera control in IMX8M

reshwanth_r
Contributor I

Hi

I am using the ROCKO distribution of yacto bsp for IMX8M EVK board with default OV5640 camera. I can able to stream the camera with the default ov5640_mipi-v2.ko driver but the default driver does not support the V4L2 camera controls(like brightness, exposure) so i followed this link 1.12. V4L2 Controls — Linux Media Subsystem Documentation documentation  and implement the controls. The implemented controls are registered without any error but when i tried to list the supported controls using "v4l2-ctl --list-ctrls" it does not display any controls.

When i tried to set the brightness by using "v4l2-ctl -c brightness=2" it shows unknown control. Is there any sample code or document available means, its really helpful.

Thanks & regards

Reshvanth

Labels (1)
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Reshvanth

one can check linux/drivers/media/platform/imx8

imx8\platform\media\drivers - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

and sect.6.1.4 MIPI Camera Serial Interface (MIPI CSI) attached Linux Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------