取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

How to identify i.MX SoC

230 次查看
bofh
Contributor I

Hello, we have a line of products that feature a variety of i.MX 8M SoCs on which we run our own Yocto based Linux distribution.

When displaying system information to the user, we want to show exactly what SoC (up to the specific SKU) our system is running on, but the only available data at the moment is the content of /proc/cpuinfo, the output of lscpu, and the content of /sys/devices/soc0/soc_id, which do not really fulfill our needs:

- cpuinfo/lscpu: data comes from the MIDR_EL1 register, and only features information specific to a single core, so we are able to tell that the core is, for example, an A53 ARM core, but we have no idea about what kind of SoC it belongs to.

- soc_id: close, but it actually comes from a combination of device tree + drivers/soc/imx/soc-imx*.c , and it only points to the generic family of the SoC without specifying the SKU (for example, it shows no difference between an i.MX8 M Plus Dual and an i.MX8 M Plus QuadLite)

Is there any register or other source of information we can use to achieve our goal?

Thanks in advance.

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
1 回复

198 次查看
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The soc_id give you all relevance information you have. There is no register that give you the sku value.

regards

0 项奖励
回复