How to handle the errors during making the MX8QMMEK yocto project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle the errors during making the MX8QMMEK yocto project?

wtt
Contributor I

Hello,

I built the yocto image for my MX8QMMEK with “bitbake -k fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx" based on "imx-5.4.3-2.0.0.xml"
 version. There were 4 failed tasks as following, how can i solve this problem?

ERROR: Task (yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-qt/qt5/gstreamer1.0-plugins-good-qt_1.16.imx.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 9245 tasks of which 9241 didn't need to be rerun and 4 failed.
NOTE: Writing buildhistory
NOTE: Writing buildhistory took: 1 seconds

Summary: 4 tasks failed:
yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/kernel-modules/kernel-module-pcie8997.bb:do_compile
yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-imx/meta-bsp/recipes-support/opencv/opencv_4.2.0.imx.bb:do_prepare_recipe_sysroot
yocto-imx8qm/sources/poky/meta/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-rtsp-server_1.16.0.bb:do_configure
yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-qt/qt5/gstreamer1.0-plugins-good-qt_1.16.imx.bb:do_configure
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 8 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

B/R

TAOTAO WANG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

brian2
Contributor II

Hi, I'm having a similar problem compiling imx-image-full for imx8mqevk.

I started a brand new Ubuntu 18.05 VM, installed the prerequisite files, and then did:

mkdir ~/bin
curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
mkdir imx-yocto-bsp
cd imx-yocto-bsp/
repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-zeus -m imx-5.4.24-2.1.0.xml
repo sync
MACHINE=imx8mqevk DISTRO=fsl-wayland source imx-setup-release.sh -b bwhitman
bitbake imx-image-full

I get the same OpenCL errors:

ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide opencl-headers:
  /home/bwhitman/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-imx/meta-bsp/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_6.4.0.p2.4-aarch64.bb
  /home/bwhitman/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-core/opencl-headers/opencl-headers_git.bb

If I let the bitbake go, it will eventually error out after an hour or so with:

ERROR: opencv-4.2.0.imx-r0 do_prepare_recipe_sysroot: The file /sysroot-providers/opencl-headers is installed by both opencl-headers and imx-gpu-viv, aborting

Any idea how to get this to work? 

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

we don't test this version on imx8mq, try to use "-m imx-5.4.3-1.0.0.xml"

0 Kudos

brian2
Contributor II

Aha! Yes, that + using fsl-imx-wayland as the distro seems to work, so:

mkdir imx-yocto-bsp
cd imx-yocto-bsp/
repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-zeus -m imx-5.4.3-1.0.0.xml
repo sync
MACHINE=imx8mqevk DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland source imx-setup-release.sh -b bwhitman
bitbake imx-image-full

Thank you!

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for imx8qm, try to use 5.4.3_1.0.0 or 5.4.24_2.1.0, and try to use image "imx-image-multimedia" or "imx-image-full", 5.4 kernel doen't use fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx anymore

0 Kudos

wtt
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

Thanks for your response. I tried with "bitbake imx-image-full" based on 5.4.3_1.0.0 and there were below error messages.  It seems there is conflict between imx-gpu-viv and opencl-headers, How to solve this kind of  problem?

ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide opencl-headers:################ | ETA: 0:00:02
/yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-imx/meta-bsp/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_6.4.0.p2.2-aarch64.bb
/yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-core/opencl-headers/opencl-headers_git.bb
A list of tasks depending on these providers is shown and may help explain where the dependency comes from.
/yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-core/opencl-headers/opencl-headers_git.bb has unique dependees:

/yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-imx/meta-bsp/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_6.4.0.p2.2-aarch64.bb has unique dependees:
/yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-core/opencl-headers/opencl-headers_git.bb has unique provides:

/yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-core/opencl-headers/opencl-headers_git.bb has unique rprovides:
opencl-headers-dbg
opencl-headers-dev
opencl-headers-staticdev
opencl-headers-doc
opencl-headers-src
opencl-headers
opencl-headers-locale
^opencl-headers-locale-.*
WARNING: /yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/images/imx-image-full.bb:do_compile is tainted from a forced run | ETA: 0:00:02
Initialising tasks: 100% |###################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:07
Sstate summary: Wanted 68 Found 1 Missed 67 Current 3454 (1% match, 98% complete)
NOTE: Executing Tasks
NOTE: Setscene tasks completed
ERROR: opencv-4.2.0.imx-r0 do_prepare_recipe_sysroot: The file /usr/include/CL/cl_gl_ext.h is installed by both imx-gpu-viv and opencl-headers, aborting
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /yocto-imx8qm/build-xwayland/tmp/work/aarch64-mx8-fsl-linux/opencv/4.2.0.imx-r0/temp/log.do_prepare_recipe_sysroot.24366
ERROR: Task ( /yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-imx/meta-bsp/recipes-support/opencv/opencv_4.2.0.imx.bb:do_prepare_recipe_sysroot) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3781 tasks of which 3780 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
NOTE: Writing buildhistory
NOTE: Writing buildhistory took: 2 seconds

Summary: 1 task failed:
/yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-imx/meta-bsp/recipes-support/opencv/opencv_4.2.0.imx.bb:do_prepare_recipe_sysroot
Summary: There were 2 WARNING messages shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

did you clean all of building source code before? try to clean it and build again since you built fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx before

0 Kudos

wtt
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

I deleted the build folder and started the bitbake from scratch and found below issue. Would you please give me some suggestion to solve the problem?

I can successfully bitbake the packagegroup-qt5-demos directly, but when i bitbake imx-image-full there was error  "Problem: package packagegroup-qt5-imx-1.0-r0.noarch requires packagegroup-qt5-demos, but none of the providers can be installed".

ERROR: imx-image-full-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Could not invoke dnf. Command ' /yocto-imx8qm/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qmmek-poky-linux/imx-image-full/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/dnf -v --rpmverbosity=info -y -c /yocto-imx8qm/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qmmek-poky-linux/imx-image-full/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/dnf/dnf.conf --setopt=reposdir= /yocto-imx8qm/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qmmek-poky-linux/imx-image-full/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/yum.repos.d --installroot= /yocto-imx8qm/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qmmek-poky-linux/imx-image-full/1.0-r0/rootfs --setopt=logdir=/yocto-imx8qm/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qmmek-poky-linux/imx-image-full/1.0-r0/temp --repofrompath=oe-repo, /yocto-imx8qm/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qmmek-poky-linux/imx-image-full/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo --nogpgcheck install locale-base-en-us locale-base-en-gb xterm packagegroup-core-tools-testapps packagegroup-imx-ml packagegroup-core-full-cmdline packagegroup-fsl-optee-imx python3-opencv weston-init packagegroup-fsl-tools-benchmark packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer1.0-full psplash packagegroup-core-nfs-server packagegroup-core-tools-profile packagegroup-tools-bluetooth weston-xwayland dnf packagegroup-core-boot opencv-apps packagegroup-base-extended opencv-samples packagegroup-qt5-imx packagegroup-fsl-tools-gpu packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear packagegroup-fsl-tools-gpu-external packagegroup-core-tools-debug packagegroup-fsl-tools-audio packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer1.0 packagegroup-fsl-tools-testapps run-postinsts rpm' returned 1:
DNF version: 4.2.2
cachedir: /yocto-imx8qm/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qmmek-poky-linux/imx-image-full/1.0-r0/rootfs/var/cache/dnf
Added oe-repo repo from /yocto-imx8qm/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qmmek-poky-linux/imx-image-full/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo
repo: using cache for: oe-repo
not found other for:
not found modules for:
not found deltainfo for:
not found updateinfo for:
oe-repo: using metadata from Fri 14 Aug 2020 05:46:50 AM UTC.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Fri 14 Aug 2020 05:46:53 AM UTC.
No module defaults found
--> Starting dependency resolution
--> Finished dependency resolution
Error:
Problem: package packagegroup-qt5-imx-1.0-r0.noarch requires packagegroup-qt5-demos, but none of the providers can be installed
- conflicting requests
- nothing provides qt3d-examples needed by packagegroup-qt5-demos-1.0-r0.noarch
- nothing provides qtbase-examples needed by packagegroup-qt5-demos-1.0-r0.noarch
- nothing provides qtdeclarative-examples needed by packagegroup-qt5-demos-1.0-r0.noarch
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best candidate packages)

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /yocto-imx8qm/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qmmek-poky-linux/imx-image-full/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.30951
ERROR: Task ( /yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/images/imx-image-full.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 9336 tasks of which 9335 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
/yocto-imx8qm/sources/meta-imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/images/imx-image-full.bb:do_rootfs
Summary: There were 2 WARNING messages shown.
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

0 Kudos

wtt
Contributor I

I commented the upper error packages and bitbake imx-image-full successfully.

0 Kudos