How to handle PCIE and USB2.0 interface on imx6 solo X?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle PCIE and USB2.0 interface on imx6 solo X?

zhanghan
Contributor II

I am designing a pad with imx6 solox which only has two USB interface and one PCIE interface.Now I want to implement a USB host interface and USB DEVICE interface, a msa interface SSD, and connected to Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260a wifi and bluetooth card with PCIE interface and USB 2.0 interface at the same time。I know the   USB host interface and USB DEVICE interface can realize by Each via a USB OTG . and  SSD can be implemented by converting PCIE to MSATA interface. so the question is coming ,How do I connect with ntel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260a?Should I expand the PCIE interface one? How to achieve it? Can I recommend chips and reference designs?Should I expand the PCIE interface one? How to achieve it? Can you recommend chips and reference designs? In the same way, how should I handle USB?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhang

right, USB DEVICE interface can be used with usb otg,  USB host interface with host

port, example of usage both usbs and PCIe can be found in i.MX6SX Sabre SD schematic:

Schematics (1)
IMX6SOLOX-SABRESDB-DESIGNFILES
i.MX 6SoloX SABRE Development Board|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

zhanghan
Contributor II

What I want to ask is, if I convert the unique PCIE interface to the msata interface, how do I connect to another PCIE device? Similarly, if I have used two usbs, how do I connect a third USB device?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

if PCIe is used for msata, seems there is no way to attach another PCIe device.

Third USB device may be attached through usb hub.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

zhanghan
Contributor II

ok,thank you very much!

0 Kudos