Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get toolchain for MCIMX6DLAICPU2

Jump to solution
abhirupmitra
Contributor II

Hi ,

I have build images for MCIMX6DLAICPU2  using yocto fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga document , but I didn't get tool-chain set at /opt . However I tried to use bitbake meta-toolchain from my build directory and got the tool-chain installed at /opt but still I didn't get tool-chain correctly installed.

Please help me out in this.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhirup Mitra

0 Kudos
1 Solution
claudiuion_lataretu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

To generate a toolchain from your build use "-c populate_sdk" argument to your bitbake command when you build your image. It will generate a toolchain into tmp/deploy/sdk that you can install. It will be a .sh script which can be run and the default install location is /opt.

If you need further clarifications please consult Yocto Project Application Developer's Guide section 3.4. Optionally Building a Toolchain Installer

Regards,

Claudiu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abhirupmitra
Contributor II

Thanks for that Claudiu , but it didn't work for me. Actually I have selected DISTRO as x11 and build the image as fsl-image-qt5 .

If do  bitbake fsl-image-qt5 -c populate_sdk , I didn't get qmake in sdk which is required for cross compiling.

I tried with bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5 and got qmake but while cross compiling I was unable to generate output .

I used qt creator 5.8.0 and set the cross compiler toolkit properly , but it gave following errors:

g++ -o QtExample main.o exqamplewidget.o moc_exqamplewidget.o -lQt5Widgets -lQt5Gui -lQt5Core -lGLESv2 -lpthread

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt5Widgets

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt5Gui

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt5Core

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLESv2

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [QtExample] Error 1

12:47:06: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.

Error while building/deploying project QtExample (kit: iMX-6)

The kit iMX-6 has configuration issues which might be the root cause for this problem.

When executing step "Make"

12:47:06: Elapsed time: 00:00.

Please give the solution .

Thanks ,

Abhirup Mitra

0 Kudos
claudiuion_lataretu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

To generate a toolchain from your build use "-c populate_sdk" argument to your bitbake command when you build your image. It will generate a toolchain into tmp/deploy/sdk that you can install. It will be a .sh script which can be run and the default install location is /opt.

If you need further clarifications please consult Yocto Project Application Developer's Guide section 3.4. Optionally Building a Toolchain Installer

Regards,

Claudiu

0 Kudos