How to get a bare metal imx7 project to debug on the second A7 core

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a bare metal imx7 project to debug on the second A7 core

erickrieg
Contributor I

How do I get an imx7 bare metal A7 project to run on the second A7 processor.  I didn't see any place in the project where I thought I had to change something to build for the second core.  (I would have thought some different DOMAIN_ID might be needed for the RDC).  I tried to go into debug mode by selecting run->debug confgurations -then selecting the second A7 core and clicking on debug.  But I got the following error messages when it was trying to load my code:

Connected to stopped target NXP - i.MX7 Dual on TCP:localhost
cd "C:\Development\DS-5Examples\startup_Cortex-A7"
Working directory "C:\Development\DS-5Examples\startup_Cortex-A7"
loadfile "C:\Development\waveform\startup_Cortex-A7\waveform.axf"
ERROR(CMD16-TAD274-NAL87):
! Failed to load "waveform.axf"
! Failed to write 20,240 bytes to address N:0x80000000 while writing block of 4,096 bytes to address N:0x80000000
! Debug system is not powered.
set debug-from main
start
WARNING(CMD399-COR168):
! Failed to start the target
! No function named "main" could be found
WARNING(CMD407): Trying the entry point instead
ERROR(CMD426): Cannot find symbol to start or entrypoint, the file or load commands may be used to set the entrypoint
wait

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi eric

this may depend on debugging environment, so for DS-5 one can look at arm resources

DS-5 Development Studio | Tutorials – ARM Developer 

and ask its support about such possibility

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos