Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate scfw binaries for DDR Tool

AjeshKumar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

It is given in the user guide at "i.MX 8M DDR Tool Release", that the scfw custom binary can be generated and put inside bin folder to check ddrc and phy configurations with ddr test tool.

here i want to know that how scfw binary generated, is there any utility to generate it?

i am using i.MX8M EVB and executed existing binaries received with the tool installation but when the driver code is compiled, one axf and one xx_stress_test.bin generated but could not find scfw_tcm.bin so i am curious to know is there any other utility to generate it or need to do any configuration in DS-5 for build configuration.

Thanks,

Ajesh

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajesh

i.MX8M has not System Controller (SC) module so scfw is not used for it and

MX8M_DDR_Tool_User_Guide included in ddr tool package (mx8m_ddr_tool_v1.0_installation.exe.zip)

has not references to scfw.

i.MX 8M DDR Tool Release 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

AjeshKumar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Igor,

I am not aware that i.MX8M do not have SC but the shared DDR Tool release used and I am able to run DDR tool successfully on i.MX8M (SCU-29615 REV B4). And from the user guide, it is mentioned that the user can customized the FW and after renaming it and putting in the bin folder of tool, the new binary will work.

Here, I have few more question:

1. How to get the DDR driver sources so that we can build the binary using DS-5 and can be executed with DDR tool (replacing in bin folder as mentioned in user guide)

2. DS-5 configurations for build the driver image

3. DS-5 target debugging configuration if debugging is possible with DS-5

4. Lauterbach T32 CMM for i.MX8M for debugging the DDR driver (Init, trainings etc)

Thanks,

Ajesh

0 Kudos