How to generate "fw_printenv" and "fw_setenv" in Yocto 3.10.17 BSP for i.MX6Q SABRE SDP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate "fw_printenv" and "fw_setenv" in Yocto 3.10.17 BSP for i.MX6Q SABRE SDP?

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hi,

I would like to set the U-boot "boot arguments" from my Yocto file-system (in other words, from my application).

The platform which I'm using is based on i.MX6Q SABRE SD Platform with Linux Yocto BSP kerenel version 3.10.17.

I came to know that in LTIB, we can set it through "fw_printenv", "fw_setenv" commands.

Based on couple of search, I got a i.MX community link (given below)

https://community.freescale.com/message/439706#439706

But, the link seems to have settings for another platform. I have tried the steps which given in the above link, but I got stuck with 3rd and 4th step since, I don't know which path and details has to mention for SABRE SD Platform.

Could you please give the proper steps for generating the "fw_printenv", "fw_setenv" from Yocto 3.10.17 BSP, for i.MX6Q SABRE SD Platform?

Looking forward to your reply...

Thank you in advance,

Ajith P V

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You should be able to add the u-boot-fw-utils package by adding the following line to the conf/local.conf file of the build directory.

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = “ u-boot-fw-utils”

This will install the fw utilities for u-boot and you should have the configuration on the following path:

/etc/fw_env.config

I tested it just to make sure that dependencies were met so you should be able to add the package as well, let us know if you have any issues with it.

0 Kudos