How to force imx6 into serial download mode when boot fuses is set to boot from eeprom

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

How to force imx6 into serial download mode when boot fuses is set to boot from eeprom

1,146 次查看
sivaalagarsamy
Contributor II

We have a board that has fuses set to boot from eeprom. I have uboot loaded in the eeprom and it boots into uboot fine.
I need to run the memory stress test on it. As I understand, there is a SDboot version which needs UART1 and there is a USB OTG version which requires the board to run in serial download mode.

I don't have access to UART1, but I have access to USB OTG, How do I force the board to run in serial download mode?

If I earse the u-boot from eeprom and not have any SD card, will it go into serial download mode? If so, do I have to erase the eeprom in any particular way so the imx6 knows that there is nothing in eeprom to boot and falls back to serial download mode.

Thanks,

Siva

标签 (6)
0 项奖励
1 回复

603 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Siva

you are right, it is sufficient to erase eeprom (in particular dcd header region)

so processor falls to serial download mode.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励