How to flash .s19 to mcimx257cjm4a? What do I need?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash .s19 to mcimx257cjm4a? What do I need?

marty900
Contributor I

Hi,

What do I need to flash .s19 file onto mcimx257cjm4a processor? I have the .s19 file. But I have no idea what programmer and which software do I need to flash onto this chip? I used freescale BDM programmer before but this board does not seem to have 6 pin BDM pin. There is a 10 pin header and pins are arranged in one line. Please can somebody point me in the right direction? I searched all over but nothing for a total beginner to understand. I would Ideally need step by step guide if possible.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @marty900 ,

I hope you are doing well.

Please find the engineering team response given below.

The S19 file is not a valid runtime image for iMX257, the iMX257 is an ARM926 application processor, it has no internal flash to run customer's image, it needs external storage device, such as SD/eMMC, NAND flash to store the customer's runtime image. The image file should be a compiled ARM binary image with GCC or other toolchain.

And ATK (Advanced Toolkit) is the tool to burn the runtime image to board's SD/eMMC or NAND flash. The detail steps can be checked from the Linux BSP user guider. NXP default BSP for iMX257 is Linux and WinCE.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanket Parekh

0 Kudos