cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash a binary to the QSPI flash without JTAG or MCU-boot utility

palak_shah1
Contributor II

Hi,

I have iMXRT1060 EVK. I want to flash a binary to the QSPI flash on FLEXSPI1. 

I want to flash the flexspi_hyperflash SDK example. 

I know we have the usb to micro usb cable and can use that to download the image. But I believe when you use a P & E micro JTAG, the image goes in the SRAM. 

I dont want to use NXP-MCU boot utility and dont want to use JTAG. 

How do I create a release build with XIP and NON-XIP version and how can I burn the image to the flash? At what location? so that when I boot up, its still there in the flash?

Thanks,

Palak

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)Actually, it's impossible to program the image to the QSPI if you don't want to MCU-boot utility or debugger tools, definitely, you can contact OEM to program the flash to the QSPI directly, which is used in the mass manufacture phase.
2) How do I create a release build with XIP and NON-XIP version and how can I burn the image to the flash? At what location? so that when I boot up, its still there in the flash?
-- Please refer to the post to generate the image for either or Non-XIP mode.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos