cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable the camer ov5640 in warp7

vinodhulagabali
Contributor II

Hi,

I have configured the menuconfig using the IMX reference guide for camera but It is throwing some errors while building image. The error logs are attached below along with the reference guide and Is there any thing to configure in local.conf Please help me to bring up camera module.

Thanks with regards

Vinod Hulagabali

Original Attachment has been moved to: error-logs.zip

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi vinod,

are you starting menuconfig with 'make' or 'bitbake'?

are you building the image using 'make' or 'bitbake'?

are you able to build image without editing menuconfig settings?

Carlos

0 Kudos

vinodhulagabali
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

I am using bitbake -c menuconfig linux-warp7 for menuconfig and also for building bitbake core-image-minimal.

Yes I am able to build without editing menuconfig i mean for building normal image without bringing up or enabling camera drivers.

Thanks with regards

Vinod

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vnod,

In our kernels ov5640 driver is enabled by default. And the root to find ov5640 driver in menuconfig is different than the one indicated in Reference manual that you attached (reference Manual is wrong).

Try leaving the configuration as default and check if you are able to use the driver.

Please note that WARP7 is not manufactured by NXP and the BSP is developed by a community external to NXP. If the problem persists and you need support on this or any of the community's BSPs you may subscribe the FSL Community BSP mailing list at freescale.github.io to talk directly with the developers and other users.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos