cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable the PF0100 PMIC on the MCIMX6SLEVK MX6SL Evaluation Board

Jump to solution
nathanpalmer
Contributor IV

I would like to evaluate the PF0100 on the MCIMX6SLEVK MX6SL Evaluation Board but I see that it is not enabled by default and there is no discussion of enabling it in the provided documentation. Is there an app note that describes how to enable the PMIC for proper use?  I see several jumpers and solder shorts in the provided schematics that are likely the key, but I don't want to damage any parts by trying to short things that I don't have documentation for.

Also, is there is there a reason it is off by default?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nathan,

Not sure I understand what you mean. PF0100 is enabled in MX6SL EVK and actually supplies the processor. Just plug 5V to the EVK and you should see all its regulators turn on.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Best regards.

Jorge.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nathanpalmer
Contributor IV

I think this question can be marked as answered because the PMIC does actually seem to be in use.  I was confused because the "PMIC ON" LED was off and the PF0100_VIN solder short was not shorted.  Also, several DNP resistors are populated.  I'm still confused about why the board is configured the way it is, but I do seem to have SPI access to the PF0100, so I guess I'm in business.

0 Kudos
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nathan,

Not sure I understand what you mean. PF0100 is enabled in MX6SL EVK and actually supplies the processor. Just plug 5V to the EVK and you should see all its regulators turn on.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos
eugenephua
Contributor III

Hi, so the PMIC ON LED does not normally light up? In what manner will it light up? Is it software controlled?

0 Kudos