How to enable hardware GPP(/dev/mmcblk0gp0p1) on eMMC?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable hardware GPP(/dev/mmcblk0gp0p1) on eMMC?

ajithpv
Contributor V

Hello Everyone,

We are using i.MX8QXP with Linux 4.14.62 (and also 4.14.98) Yocto Sumo BSP. The U-boot version is 2018.03.

Currently, we are making all our partitions (around 10 partitions contains 3 primary and 7 logical partitions) in the eMMC's User Date Area (UDA). I can able to make the UDA partition as SLC from MLC mode.

Now, we need to make use of the enhanced partition (SLC) on the hardware GPP partitions. AFAIK, the eMMC currently have only boot area partitions (boot0 and boot1), RPMB and UDA. The hardware GPPs are not enabled by default.

I have done a couple of search on net on how to make the hardware GPPs (also list it in the Linux as /dev/mmcblk0gp0p1 or similar) but, didn't get much information.

I'm looking to enable the hardware GPP either via U-boot (using mmc utility or etc.) or through Linux.

Could anyone can help me to figure out how to enable hardware GPPs (as similar to /dev/mmcblk0gp0p1) and also how to make them as SLC in i.MX8QXP platform?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you in advance,
Ajith P V

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajith

one can look at general suggestions provided on

linux - How to load files from an EMMC's General Purpose Partition or Boot Partition, using Uboot - ... 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------