cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable continuous BCLK of EIM interface in i.MX7

bipin7301
Contributor II

Hi,

We are developing a smart device application on Visual studio for i.MX7D device using TORADEX SDK and SOM on Colibri i.MX7 EVK board with Win CE 7.

We are using EIM interface for one of our application and want to enable the continuous BCLK. We are using the EIM in Synchronous Burst mode.

As per the reference guide of i.MX7, When Bit 3( CONT_BCLK_SEL) of EIM_WCR register is set BCLK pin output continuous clock. We configured the register with this value but BCLK output was not continuous. In fact there was no impact of configuring this pin.

Please guide us to achieve this functionality.

Regards

Bipin Kumar

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

bipin7301
Contributor II

I wrote a test code(TEST_EIM project) for EIM testing and in that application I am continuously writing 16 bit data on address 512 on EIM bus in interval of 5 seconds. EIM is configured in Synchronous Burst mode. I have also SET the CONT_BCLK_SEL bit of EIM_WCR register.

In this application before writing to EIM bus, continuous BCLK is coming on BCLK pin. But once data is written to EIM bus, continuous BCLK stops, It comes only when data is written. I have captured the first instance of CS and BCLK when application starts and attached the EIM_20210617-0001.psdata file for your reference. I have captured these signals using Picoscope, You need to download and install Picoscope 6 software to view EIM_20210617-0001.psdata file. In this, signal D2 is BCLK and D6 is CS0.  

One more thing we have observed in our test application, If we run this application and just disable the EIM writing, then continuous BCLK can be seen on BCLK pin.

I am attaching the source code of the application for your reference. Application is developed in Visual studio 8.0 using Toradex SDK and CE libraries running on Win CE 7 OS on Toradex Colibri i.MX7 EVK board

Regards Bipin Kumar

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The continuous BCLK mode was initially planned to be implemented in the EIM
module of i.MX7 processor, however, due to some module design issues, has been
finally considered as non-functional.

0 Kudos