How to download img by mfgtool in imx6ul evk board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download img by mfgtool in imx6ul evk board?

Jump to solution
shaogangzhang
Contributor I

I used imx6ul evk board (SD card). Following the doc after the command "$ bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs", I got the img files (there are so much similar name in the image folder)for mfgtool using. 

Capture.JPG

question 1: I want to confirm is there three files that I need download to SD card? Their names are "u-boot.imx"(not u-boot-imx6ulevk-mfgtool.imx?), "zImage_mfgtool" and "zImage-mfgtool-imx6ul-14*14-evk.dtb"

question 2: Where I can get the "rootfs_nogpu.tar", or I just use the one in "mfgtools-with-rootfs.tar"package?

question 3: How to set the "cfg.ini" in mfgtool folder?

By the way, could you give me a link to download the document about use mfgtool?

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shaogang,

About you above 3 quesions, I give you reply one by one, as follows:

Please have a check.

question 1: I want to confirm is there three files that I need download to SD card? Their names are "u-boot.imx"(not u-boot-imx6ulevk-mfgtool.imx?), "zImage_mfgtool" and "zImage-mfgtool-imx6ul-14*14-evk.dtb"

A: Here you need to download u-boot, kernel,dtb, and rootfs files to your sd card. And for mfgtool fimware also need these images for mfgtool. But here you are using our reference board so you do not need to change the mfgtool firmware images, you can directly using the mfgtool supplied in our website, you just need to copy your built images for your target board to mfgtool file.  The command "$ bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs" is used for building the images for mfgtool.

question 2: Where I can get the "rootfs_nogpu.tar", or I just use the one in "mfgtools-with-rootfs.tar"package?

A: Here you can use mfgtools-with-rootfs.tar, it's OK.

A: You can refer to my above reply to you.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
shaogangzhang
Contributor I

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shaogang,

It's my plesure. Here if it post answers to your questions, could you help close this thread by click the Mark Correct.
Have a great day,
Rita

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shaogang,

About you above 3 quesions, I give you reply one by one, as follows:

Please have a check.

A: Here you need to download u-boot, kernel,dtb, and rootfs files to your sd card. And for mfgtool fimware also need these images for mfgtool. But here you are using our reference board so you do not need to change the mfgtool firmware images, you can directly using the mfgtool supplied in our website, you just need to copy your built images for your target board to mfgtool file.  The command "$ bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs" is used for building the images for mfgtool.

A: Here you can use mfgtools-with-rootfs.tar, it's OK.

A: You can refer to my above reply to you.
Have a great day,
Rita

0 Kudos
shaogangzhang
Contributor I

Thanks Rita, my hw platform is MCIMX6UL-EVKB and software is NXP's 4.1.15-2.0.1 Yocto Project BSP

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shaogang zhang,

About the mftool download process you can read the ucl2.xml script in the mftool. And it also include every images need to download to your target board, both for mfgtool and for your board. Then you will know how it work.
Have a great day,
Rita

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shaogang zhang,

About the mfgtool you can refer to our linux user guide document, section 4.2 Manufacturing Tool, it include 4.2.1 Configuring MfgTool and 4.2.2 Using MfgTool.
Have a great day,
Rita

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shaogang,

Could you tell me which version of BSP are you using? Then I will give you detail reply about your above questions.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos