How to do ack after receiving a CAN frame

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do ack after receiving a CAN frame

dheeraj_k
Contributor I

I am using IMx 6ULL based design for my application, and configured CAN port for data frame reception. Unfortunatly I am not able to get the data from the bus(If the bus is occupied with transmitter and my device).

But if i introduce an CAN analyzer in the same bus my device will be able to receive CAN data frames.So my question is

1. Is the issue coming comming because of a inproper acknowledgement for received data? if that is the case how to rectify?

2. As per my understanding the acknowledgement must be handled in the physical layer not in Application layer, for this do I need to enable/set/disable any of the confihuration register,if so please do let me know the details.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dheeraj

acknowledgement is described in sect.26.7.1 FLEXCAN Initialization Sequence

i.MX6UL Reference Manual

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULLRM.pdf 

Problems with transmit/receive CAN data frames may be in inproper can

line levels, one can check them with oscilloscope in both cases:

with analyzer and without it. Also one can check CAN_STBY signals

of can transceiver custom device.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos