Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display with LVDS to HDMI adapter card on MCIMX8QM-CPU

Jump to solution
aso
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I got the MCIMX8QM-CPU and MCIMX8-8X-B.
The included LVDS to HDMI adapter card(IMX-LVDS-HDMI) was connected to the J2 connector on the MCIMX8QM-CPU, and the included SD card Linux was started.
The Linux boot log was output to the console, but nothing was displayed on the HDMI monitor.

When I checked the MCIMX8QM-CPU circuit diagram, there were many DNP parts around the J2 connector, and all of them were mounted on J7 connector.
When the adapter card was inserted into J7 and started up, the conversion board crashed with white smoke.

How can I display using the HDMI to LVDS adapter card?
Isn't HDMI display possible with the Linux of the included SD card?

Below is the Linux u-boot and kernel version of the included SD card.

u-boot: U-Boot 2018.03-imx_v2018.03_4.14.62_1.0.0_beta+g7fac6b9 (Oct 16 2018 - 06:30:02 +0000)
kernel: Linux version 4.14.62-imx_4.14.62_1.0.0_beta+g1907fe4 (oe-user@oe-host) (gcc version 7.3.0 (GCC)) #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 16 06:33:37 UTC 2018

The MCIMX8QM-CPU revision is Si B0.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Takumi

included SD card have old  Linux  4.14.62 image, recommended to

use latest Demo Image from i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP 

Linux Biary Demo Files - i.MX 8QMax MEK

Linux 4.19.35_1.1.0 Documentation

May be helpful LCDs overview:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2702833.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
aso
Contributor III

Thank you for responding.

I exchanged U32 (NTS0104PW) on the HDMI to LVDS adapter card and confirmed that HDMI display is possible from MCIMX8QM-CPU on by using Linux 4.19.35-1.1.0.

Regards,
Aso.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Takumi

included SD card have old  Linux  4.14.62 image, recommended to

use latest Demo Image from i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP 

Linux Biary Demo Files - i.MX 8QMax MEK

Linux 4.19.35_1.1.0 Documentation

May be helpful LCDs overview:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2702833.pdf 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos