cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the fec2 from the devicetree in imx6ulevk

sourabhdas
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using imx6ul-evk board, which has two ethernet ports. In our custom board, we will be having only one ethernet. So, I tried to disable the fec2 in the detree, by making status="disabled" in its entry.

I was getting the error on booting:

Configuring network interfaces... ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device

Also the eth0 or eth1 interface was not comming on doing ifconfig.

Next I tried by removing the fec2 entry from the board devicetree file, and creating a mdio entry in fec1. This time on booting, I was getting:

fec 2188000.ethernet eth0: Freescale FEC PHY driver [Generic PHY] (mii_bus:phy_addr=2188000.ethernet:02, irq=-1)
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready

I am getting eth0 interface on doing ifconfig, but I am not able to ping ip of my pc.

Please suggest me something on this, on how to disable the fec2 from devicetree.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

sourabhdas
Contributor III

I solved the above issue. Actually the MDIO and MDC line of both the FEC's are same. So, when I was making the status of FEC2 as disabled, the pin muxing of MDIO and MDC was not happening. To solve this issue, i added these two lines in the enet1grp:

MX6UL_PAD_GPIO1_IO07__ENET1_MDC     0x1b0b0
 MX6UL_PAD_GPIO1_IO06__ENET1_MDIO    0x1b0b0

Serpico
Contributor I

Hi Sourahb,

I know that is an old post, but now I've the same problem. I need to disable fec2.

Did you only added the MDIO and MDC lines in enet1grp? did you also move MDIO from fec2 to fec1?

Thanks in advance

Regards 

Francesco

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sourahb,

Thank you for sharing your solution with us.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos