cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create your own Mfgtool firwmare

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Mfgtool requires customization before using it on your own board. How to do this? Please refer to attachment.

Another attachment gives an example(based on i.mx25) how mfgtool firmware is created.

Original Attachment has been moved to: 516-Sourcecode.zip

16 Replies

gurumoorthirasi
Contributor IV

Dear Xingyu,

I am using i.mx25 3 stack pdk board.

My need here is i want to downloading the software such as uboot.bin,uImage,rootfs from mfg tool to NAND flash.

Please kindly provide me the link for mfg tool to flash the software to NAND FLASH in i.MX25 by mfg tool.

Regards,

Guru

0 Kudos

erhan14
Contributor I

is there a ucl.xml file for mx25? Can anyone send me the file?

0 Kudos

GopiNagaBharath
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am trying to flash the Micron "MT29F32G08CBACAWP" NAND flash on our Custom Board with the use of MFG Tool.

On the console I am getting an error message saying that "No NAND Devices Found".

Looks like the MFG Tool doesn't support Micron NAND Flash. How can I add the support for the same???

Regards,

Gopi

0 Kudos

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You have to figure out which OS you use, which platform you use.

Anyway, it is easy job to add a new NAND flash support, suggest to read through BSP release doc to get more infomation.

0 Kudos

GopiNagaBharath
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have missed to provide the detailed info.

I am using i.MX233 Based hardware which is running Linux BSP provided by FSL.

I have the ltib platform created on the Ubuntu based host system. I have followed the instructions of FSL provided in the documentation and was able to select the profile for Mfg Firmware.

However, how do I create the new Updater.sb from file which is used by Mfg Tool. I don't know why, but there is no mention about this particular thing in the documentation.

Regards,

Gopi

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Updater.sb is generated under Mfg Firmware profile.

0 Kudos

GopiNagaBharath
Contributor IV

Hi,

Can you let me know the path for the same??

I have chose the profile to be Mfg Firmware Profile and built the Linux. Will it get created under the rootfs/boot??

0 Kudos

zzzh
Contributor I

Hi, Stanley,

Another problem  is I can't set CONFIG_USB_FILE_STORAGE=y, I can change it in imx28evk_defconfig.dev, but after a scbuild, it will be changed back to CONFIG_USB_FILE_STORAGE=m, which seems not ok for a mfgtool firmware.

Please help, thank you.

Zhu

0 Kudos

zzzh
Contributor I

Hi, Stanley,

I'd got my 2 previous questions solved, thank you.

A new question: I notice that CONFIG_ERASE_BLOCK_SIZE is 512 in imx28.cf and 64 in imx28_updater.cf, why?

Zhu

0 Kudos

zzzh
Contributor I

Hi, Stanley,

How to do this step: config/plaftorm/imx/main.lkc,   add uboot new configuration when PKG_KERNEL_UPDATER defined?

following the MFG TOOL Customization Guide.pptx, Seems only Mfgtool config header file Added.

Zhu
0 Kudos

zzzh
Contributor I

Hi, Stanley,

I'm trying to configure kernel v2.6.35.3, in this version, there is no  CONFIG_USB_FILE_STORAGE, but have CONFIG_USB_MASS_STORAGE, which seems can only set to m, so I think I should select CONFIG_USB_MASS_STORAGE instead, is that correct?

Thanks

Zhu

0 Kudos

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

you will find mx25_updater.cf in Sourcecode.zip\config

Abisai Negrete said:

Please, could someone tell me how to do the same for i.MX28, I could not find the files mentioned in "Mfgtool Linux or Android Firmware Development Guide.docx"  ()  under the BSP.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

StanleyLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Zhu hua and all,

Please download Sourcecode.zip from this thread and unzip it, you will find:

Sourcecode.zip\SW\Version 2\uuc-10.07.10

That is UUC code.

Regarding config, you will find mx25_updater.cf in Sourcecode.zip\config

0 Kudos

zzzh
Contributor I

Hi,

Good document, any new update?

Where should be the ucc files location? I only found ltib/dist/lfs-5.1/uuc, seems not right.

Hope to see more details on changing nand chip.

Zhu

0 Kudos

AbisaiNegrete
Contributor II

Please, could someone tell me how to do the same for i.MX28, I could not find the files mentioned in "Mfgtool Linux or Android Firmware Development Guide.docx"  ()  under the BSP.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Joey_ng
Contributor I

I want to download my own firmware to NAND flash, but I did not port the u-boot for my board, can I do that?

can you provide script/config file to support NAND flash download?

We used i.MX6Q for our board.

0 Kudos