How to create QSPI bootloader for imx8qxpmek?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create QSPI bootloader for imx8qxpmek?

Jump to solution
q325mg
Contributor II

I am working with MCIMX8QXP-CPU (i.MX 8QuadXPlus Multisensory Enablement Kit) and I followed the instructions of i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide.pdf (IMXLXYOCTOUG), section 5.5 U-Boot configuration about setting the UBOOT_CONFIG = "qspi1"  in local.conf and after executing:

MACHINE=imx8qxpmek bitbake -c deploy u-boot-imx‍‍

Nothing is shown in the tmp/deploy/images/imx8qxpmek/

How can I create my qspi bootloader?

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

Update:

I am now able to boot with the QSPI boot mode, I followed the instructions from i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf, to setup my Yocto folder:

$ mkdir imx-yocto-bsp
$ cd imx-yocto-bsp
$ repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-sumo -m imx-4.14.98-2.0.0_ga.xml
$ repo sync
$ DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8qxpmek source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland

Added FSPI configuration

$ echo "UBOOT_CONFIG = \"fspi\"" >> conf/local.conf
$ MACHINE=imx8qxpmek bitbake -c deploy u-boot-imx

After a while, the bootloader for FSPI is created:

imx-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/deploy/images/imx8qxpmek/imx-boot-imx8qxpmek-fspi.bin-flash_spl_flexspi

Following this reference: https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools/wiki, I flashed the bootloader to the QSPI NOR Memory of the iMX8 QXP MEK board with the help of UUU tool:

$ sudo ./uuu -v -b qspi imx-boot-imx8qxpmek-fspi.bin-flash_spl_flexspi

After that I set up the proper onfiguration to the SW2 dip switch and the board boot from QSPI memory, then I have another problem but I will create a different post for that

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Isaias

i.MX8QXP processor does not have qspi module, it has fspi  so seems more correct

option to use "U-Boot FSPI".

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Isaias

i.MX8QXP processor does not have qspi module, it has fspi  so seems more correct

option to use "U-Boot FSPI".

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
q325mg
Contributor II

Hello Igor,

Thanks for your answer

I'm confused because in the SPF-29683-C2.pdf schematics (MCIMX8QXP-CPU MEK Platform)

There is this diagram:

pastedImage_1.png

Also in the i.MX 8QuadXPlus MEK Board Hardware User's Guide (IMX8QXPMEKHUG) there is this:

pastedImage_3.png

Where can I fond more information about FSPI on i.MX 8QuadXPlus MEK?

Thanks

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Isaias

one can look on Figure 1. i.MX 8QuadXPlus/8DualXPlus System Block Diagram,
Table 4. i.MX 8QuadXPlus/8DualXPlus modules list, Table 91. FlexSPI timings

i.MX 8DualX Automotive and Infotainment Applications Processors

and i.MX 8DualXPlus/8QuadXPlus Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor