显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

How to copy zImage and imx7d-sdb.dtb files into sd card

3,415 次查看
thai_nguyen
Contributor I

We are interesting the model, and will purchase it:

MCIMX7SABRE: SABRE Board for Smart Devices Based on the i.MX 7Dual Applications Processors

I see the system is boot up from the sd card.

Now I recompile the source codes and have new zImage and imx7d-sdb.dtb files.  Can I just copy over the SD card by following steps, and will it replace with a new kernel image ?

# mkdir /media/boot

# mount /dev/sde1 /media/boot

# cp zImage /media/boot

# cp x.dtb /media/boot

Please tell me what to do to with a new zImage and imx7d-sdb.dtb files?

Do I need to flash the SD card? And how?

Thank you so much.

Thai

标记 (1)
0 项奖励
4 回复数

3,292 次查看
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

no, you couldn't just use copy command to copy these image to your sd card, for latest bsp, you can use UUU tool to download the image to the board, first  you can use  dd command or uuu tool to download the uboot to your board, then you can use uboot or uuu tool to download the zimage, the easy solution is you can use uuu tool to download uboot, image and dtb file to your board directly, I attached the user guide, you can refer to it

0 项奖励

3,292 次查看
dry
Senior Contributor I

Hello Joan,

So what are you saying, the bootloader has been changed on iMX7D ? It is not U-boot anymore that boots Linux there, and FAT partition not used to contain initial zImage and dtb files?

I admit I haven't checked latest BSP, didn't think U-boot would have been replaced for something else. 

0 项奖励

3,292 次查看
dry
Senior Contributor I

( Also I don't think you have attached user guide.  But it's probably part of the latest BSP then? )

0 项奖励

3,292 次查看
dry
Senior Contributor I

Generally yes, you can copy just like that.   Provided the path & name of the kernel and device tree image files matches what the bootloader / u-boot is looking for , this should work just fine.

So just make sure you updating the right files.

0 项奖励