How to convert imximage.cfg so it can be used in mkimage?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert imximage.cfg so it can be used in mkimage?

yangao
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am trying to create a bootstrap image for iMX6 and the command mkimage fails like below:

$ mkimage -n imximage.cfg -T imximage -e 0x17000000 -d overlay_img bootstrap_img.bin
Error: imximage.cfg[1] - Invalid command(/*)

Further investigation shows that the error is caused by that there is c-type comments (/*...*/) in imximage.cfg file. When I remove all the c-type comments in the file, it works fine.

u-boot document does say that imximage.cfg accept comment line starting with '#' in the file. However, that file, which is coming together with u-boot source has c-type comments. I am thinking the file is involved in some u-boot compiling. How to convert that file to remove all the c-type comments automatically so it can be used in mkimage command?

Thanks,

Yan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yan

as this is specific uboot question, issue may be posted on uboot mail list:

U-Boot Info Page 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos