Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control the PMIC_ON_REQ pin by SW without ON/OFF pin for i.MX6

Jump to solution
yuuki
Senior Contributor II

Dear All,

We connect i.MX6Solo PMIC_ON_REQ pin to PMIC(PF0100) PWRON pin.
i.MX6Solo ON/OFF pin isn't used.

We'd like to control i.MX6Solo PMIC_ON_REQ by software.
When PMIC was in the bad condition state, We'd like to reset PMIC.

Is it possible  to control PMIC_ON_REQ pin by only software, without ON/OFF pin?

If it is possible, would you teach the method?

Best Regards,
Yuuki

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yuuki,

WDOG_B is to reset the PMIC, during the system in a real bad situation. And WDOG is triggerred.

If the power supply is wrong, it will also make the system wrong. it should trigger the WDOG.

If that time you still can write register, the system is not that bad. you can issue reset command to reboot system.

0 Kudos
jiujinhong
Contributor IV

Hi Biyong,

the board did't connect WDOG_B. now system reboot by WDOG1 but hang in u-boot. So can trigeer reboot by PMIC(pu only?  PMIC_ON_REQ connected to PWRON.

0 Kudos
BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The logic is clear. The ARM core wakeup , then issue the PMIC_ON_REQ. The the power turn to running stage. Then software is continue to run from the suspend point. The software is running on ARM. Could not use software to control the PMIC_ON_REQ.

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The software control over the PMIC_ON_REQ signal can be done via the SNVS_LPCR[PK_EN] and SNVS_LPCR[PK_OVERRIDE] bits. For more information, please refer to the Section 57.9.10 "SNVS_LP Control Register (SNVS_LPCR)" of the i.MX6Dual/Quad Reference Manual Rev.2 document.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
tony_l_cai
Contributor III

Dear Artur,

I dont know how to use the register bit PK_OVERRIDE, though I read the reference manual, please help me~

0 Kudos
JithCR
Contributor III

Hi Tony,

Is PMIC_ON_REQ toggling with reboot command?

0 Kudos
tony_l_cai
Contributor III

No

0 Kudos
JithCR
Contributor III

Hi,

Are you able to control PMIC_ON_REQ signal through S/W?

0 Kudos
tony_l_cai
Contributor III

Sorry, I havent get a correct way to control it. Maybe I dont know how to set the register in a true way. And I find that ,in our diffrent project,this signal one can be controlled ,and another cannot , but they are both based on MX6DL. So whats wrong with them, I havent get some explanation for these problem. Sorry

0 Kudos