How to connect octal mode on FlexSPI for IMXRT1050 for 2 x QSPI IC's?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect octal mode on FlexSPI for IMXRT1050 for 2 x QSPI IC's?

keithbuxton
Contributor I

In the reference manual (MXRT1050RM) Chapter 30 FlexSPI Controller there is a note that states:

"Octal mode is supported by combining SIOA[3:0] and

SIOB[3:0], on this device."

Does this mean that if we need to access 2 x QSPI FLASH memory devices such that we can use them in byte access mode then we need to drive the control signals separately from the A and B FlexSPI channels i.e. FLEXSPI_A_SCLK and FLEXSPI_A_SS0_B control signals to say the lower nibble of data (FLEXSPI_A_DATA[0:3] for IC#1 and FLEXSPI_B_SCLK and FLEXSPI_B_SS0_B control signals to the upper nibble of data (FLEXSPI_A_DATA[4:7] ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Keith

connection is described in sect.30.5.3 Flash Connection Reference Manual

pastedImage_1.jpg

so octal flash should be used, not 2 x qspi.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

deepa_bk
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

So if I have to connect a single octal flash, by combining A port SIOA[3:0] and B Port SIOB[3:0] together - is it possible to do it and how do we configure the same?

0 Kudos